If you’re planning to sell your home in South Louisiana, there are a lot of things you need, but it’s crucial to find a trustworthy New Orleans self-storage company. Between the viewings, the packing, and actually getting to your new home, selling a house can be a stressful time. But self storage can smooth the process and help you sell your home.
Use New Orleans Self-Storage to Stage Your Home
When you choose to store your items in a self-storage container, the process of staging your home for potential buyers is much easier. You have somewhere to store all of your personal items, leaving a blank slate for potential buyers.
Every buyer has a different idea of what they want their new home to look like, so it’s beneficial to make sure none of your belongings are obstructing their view of the home. Without your things, potential buyers can envision what this home would look like with their furniture, artwork, and personal items.
Realtors agree that decluttering your home is a huge part of the selling process. Temporarily moving your things into a self-storage unit can take away distractions from potential buyers so you can show off your house’s features in an appealing way.
In addition to moving your things to a New Orleans self-storage unit, there are a few other ways to help hide your clutter from potential buyers:
- Store items in a suitcase and put them under your bed or in your closet.
- If you keep your clothes in your closet during stagings, consider arranging them by color. This is more aesthetically pleasing to outside viewers.
- Put things high and low. Many potential buyers won’t look on top of things like the fridge or dresser, under the bed or in the attic.
New Orleans Self-Storage Makes Your Move Easier
Once you’ve moved most of your personal belongings out of your home, you have less to worry about when your moving day comes. Since your home is staged to better attract potential buyers, the majority of your things will already be packed up and ready to go. When it’s time to move, you may only have heavier things such as furniture and appliances and essentials that you use every day. This may take a lot less time than packing up several smaller things. When your moving day comes, you can just take your container and get going.
Self-storage containers can also help you save money. Compared to a traditional moving company, a self-storage unit can cost less. And companies like Zippy Shell Louisiana will drop off and pick up your container for you. You can choose to pack up your container yourself or get the assistance of company movers to load your belongings into the storage unit.
Storage Containers Help You Start New When You Move
When you are decluttering to stage your home and packing up things into your storage container, you are more likely to get rid of things you’re no longer using. Whether you choose to donate items or give them to friends or family, moving houses is a great opportunity to reconsider what items you actually need around you. If you’ve watched Netflix’s hit series Tidying Up with Marie Kondo, you know a new home can give you a fresh start. You don’t have to drag all the clutter from your old home with you.
As you sort through your things and put them into boxes, you’ll see everything that you have been holding on to and can decide whether or not those things still hold value for you. You can get rid of things that you don’t use anymore and are no longer relevant to your life. A portable storage container can help you to divide the clutter from the essentials.
The benefits of decluttering your home can extend far beyond helping you sell your house:
- Decluttering can help you flex your problem-solving and decision-making skills. This can make you feel better and more confident.
- Reorganizing can reduce anxiety. You are probably already anxious about staging your home, dealing with real estate agents, potential buyers, and moving. Getting rid of things that you no longer want or need can help reduce those feelings of anxiety and make you feel calmer about your move.
- Decluttering can help you find things that you’d forgotten about. As time goes on, you will often accumulate things that you eventually forget about. Going through your belongings can help you come across lost treasures or things you didn’t know you needed. Finding some of these things can increase your feelings of happiness and boost your energy.
Choose Zippy Shell Louisiana as Your New Orleans Self-Storage Company
If you’re ready to sell your house, contact Zippy Shell Louisiana to learn how we can help will your New Orleans self-storage and moving needs. Give us a call at 504-332-8154 for a quote today. We’re locally owned and operated, and we’re the number-be-rated storage and moving company in South Louisiana.