Moving to New Orleans?
Whether you’ve been planning this move for years or the opportunity has suddenly presented itself, the big day is approaching quickly. No matter your situation, moving to New Orleans is a big deal. The sights, sounds, history, and culture of New Orleans have enchanted newcomers for three centuries.
Preparing for a big move like this can be stressful. The change of address, the long drive, the goodbyes, the new job, settling in, maybe even transferring your kids to a new school—the list goes on and on.
Among all the factors that go along with this next chapter of your life, packing and moving your belongings may be the most stressful aspect of all.
But it doesn’t have to be.
Zippy Shell makes packing and moving easy by providing the simplest, most versatile, and most convenient moving and storage solutions in the Gulf South. Discover how you can save both time and money when moving to New Orleans with Zippy Shell.
How to Save Money When Moving to New Orleans
Fortunately, there are many ways to save money on a big move to New Orleans or any other major city. By following these quick tips, you can cut costs without cutting quality or efficiency.
- Be prepared with utility planning. You’re going to have to transfer your utilities anyway, so why not plan it to the day? It doesn’t make any sense to pay for utilities you’re not using, so make sure you plan the transfer for the first day you live in your new space. This helps you avoid overlaps and wasted funds.
- DIY doesn’t mean cheap. Before you decide on the logistics of your move, consider what goes in to packing, storing, and moving your belongings. Depending on the distance, the amount of things you have, how many buddies you ask to help, the traffic between the two locations, and the cost of the rental trucks, you could potentially spend heaps when you move by yourself.
When you hire professionals, you’ll find that the cost is all wrapped up into one package and that the total cost is frequently lower than if you’d have moved by yourself.
- Do some spring cleaning. We all have those items that sit in storage in the garage, or in the attic that we haven’t used in years. With space in the Big Easy at a premium, do you really need to bring those things with you when moving to New Orleans? Donate, recycle, or toss those belongings that you don’t use. Not only with this reduce the amount of things you need to pack, but you’ll also save money because you won’t have to rent as much storage space or moving arrangements.
How to Save Time When Moving to New Orleans
They say time is money, and they’re not wrong. The hidden time-wasting costs of moving build up quickly, however, there are options where you can save your precious time.
- Skip the box trucks. Box trucks are big, cumbersome, costly, and time-consuming to rent for your big move, especially if you’re moving to New Orleans.Apart from the bumpy ride, New Orleans is also full of narrow streets and tight corners, meaning it can be difficult to navigate a big truck to where it’s most convenient for you. You also have to load it and unload it yourself. On top of that, you have to drop it off back at the depot, which involves having someone following you or taking a cab back to your new home. Each of these things will take a massive amount of time out of your day, or even your week.
- Move during the off-season. New Orleans is home to many world-renowned events and festivals, like Mardi Gras and Jazz Fest. During these times of the year, visitors flood the city and that causes travel costs and traffic congestion to spike. If you plan your move for the off-season, you’ll save on several different aspects of your journey. Avoiding all that traffic and the flood of tourists will also make it much quicker, trust us.
Moving to New Orleans With Zippy Shell
Zippy Shell not only saves you the headache of packing and transporting your belongings, but it also saves loads of time.
We deliver your easily-maneuverable and spacious moving container right to where you need it, pick it up after it’s loaded, and deliver it to your new home or to our climate-controlled storage facility. We’ll even load it up for you so you can use your time to take care of business or sit back and relax.